Stanbic IBTC Holdings, commonly referred to as Stanbic IBTC, is a financial service holding company in Nigeria with subsidiaries in banking, stock brokerage, investment advisory, pension and trustee businesses. Stanbic IBTC Holdings is a member of the Standard Bank Group, a financial services giant based in South Africa. Standard Bank is Africa’s largest banking group ranked by assets and earnings operations in 20 African countries and 13 countries outside Africa.
- The Stanbic IBTC 2020 Scholarship Programme, which is geared towards encouraging hard work and academic excellence amongst Nigerian undergraduates, is open to students who participated in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and have just gained admission into any of the tertiary institutions.
- The Scholarship will only be awarded to 100 Applicants spread across the 36 States of the federation and FCT with a minimum of 2 Applicants per State.
- The Scholarship will be offered on a first come, first serve basis until the 100 slots are allocated.
- Scholarships will only be awarded to applicants that follow the instructions and meet all the eligibility criteria.
- Winners will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide.
- Applicants who plan on studying courses related to the “Future of work” will be an added advantage (for example Data Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Accounting, Finance, IT and so on).
- Where an Applicant applies more than once/multiple times, they shall still be entitled to only one Scholarship slot.
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship is only available to Applicants who:
- Reside in Nigeria and participated in the 2020 University Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- Have a score of 200 and above in JAMB
- Have gained admission and have been properly enrolled in a Nigerian Federal or State University with relevant evidence
- The Scholarship is awarded on the basis that you will maintain an enrolled status at the University in your admitted degree programme.
- The Stanbic IBTC University Scholarship does not apply to employees of Stanbic IBTC and/or their immediate family members, where there are entries by employees of Stanbic IBTC or their immediate family members, it will not be rewarded.
October 24th, 2020
- The scholarship would be spread across four years and disbursed in tranches of N100,000 per academic year. However, subsequent disbursement of the funds would be based on the maintenance of at least second-class upper grade and good conduct of the student as referenced by the university.
- By applying, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, the rules/terms and conditions (as may be amended, supplemented or novated), which are final and binding on all the applicants.
- If you are under 18 years of age, your parent or guardian must read and consent to these terms and conditions and other accompanying documents on your behalf
- Successful applicants will receive an email to confirm the outcome of their application and they will only be contacted through the valid email address they provide
- The email received from a Stanbic IBTC authorised email will detail the scholarship benefits, payment timing and other important information as required
- Successful Applicants will be required to open a Stanbic IBTC Education Trust account and Stanbic IBTC bank account for payment of the Scholarship fund