Experience Junior Level
Qualifications HND/First Degree
Junior Accountant at Talents and Skills Africa Consulting
Our client, Talents and Skills Africa Consulting LLC – a corporate technology solutions provider in the copy/print/scan equipment maintenance servicing, print management solutions, and archiving industry is seeking qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Junior Accountant
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- Prepare asset, liability, and capital account entries by organizing and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions.
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit, and loss statement and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Verify, allocate, post, and reconcile transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Analyze financial information and summarize financial status.
- Provide technical support and advice on management.
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures.
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Provide input into the department’s goal-setting process.
- Prepare financial statements and produce budgets according to schedule.
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Effectively communicate with clients.
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel.
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Minimum of 2 years working experience.
- Business trends awareness.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user (PeachTree or Sage) and administration skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Inclination towards numbers and quantitative skills.
- Intermediate understanding of accounting and reporting standards, gaining experience in researching as it relates to accounting issues
Accountant top Skills & Proficiencies:
- Corporate Finance
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Basic Math
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
Application Closing Date
12th March 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: Recruitment@talentsandskills.net using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.