Experience Experience Level
Industry Energy & Gas
Qualifications First degree with experience
Financial Analyst in Lagos at Salpha Energy
Our Client – Salpha Energy is a firm that designs and distributes solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Salpha Energy is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst will perform the following duties:
- Analyze financial data and create financial models for decision support
- Report on financial performance and prepare for regular leadership reviews
- Analyze past results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting
- Evaluate financial performance by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts
- Guide the cost analysis process by establishing and enforcing policies and procedures
- Provide analysis of trends and forecasts and recommend actions for optimization
- Recommend actions by analyzing and interpreting data and making comparative analyses; study proposed changes in methods and materials
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Increase productivity by developing automated reporting/forecasting tools
- Perform market research, data mining, business intelligence, and valuation comps
- Maintain a strong financial analysis foundation creating forecasts and models
- Bachelor degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics. (MBAs are preferred).
- 3-5 years of business finance or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in financial modeling techniques
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects).
- Strong fluency with Excel formulas and functions
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical competency
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to streamline functions and passion to learn and grow
- Experience working with, and presenting to, senior executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; be comfortable interacting with executive-level management
Application Closing Date
15th July, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should click on Apply for this Job above. Applicants are required to send their CV Using the ‘Job Title’ as the subject of the mail.