Unix /Linux L2 SupportApply for this Job
Our client in the telecommunications industry is looking to hire qualified candidates to fill the position of Unix/ Linux L2 Support
· Assist in the implementation of approved policies and procedures for UNIX operating system design, implementation, and maintenance.
· Provide input in the planning of UNIX operating systems upgrades, deployment, and provisioning new systems
· Provide support in the implementation and user acceptance testing of UNIX operating systems.
· Assist in the development of a proactive maintenance cycle for UNIX operating systems and automate preventive/routine maintenance on systems.
· Perform daily UNIX operating system administration, including hardware & software upgrades.
· Maintain backup of the UNIX operating system network.
· Ensure optimal performance of all applications running on UNIX operating system environment in [HUAWEI, CLIENT] through proactive tuning and preventive maintenance.
· Perform daily UNIX systems checks and correct any issues.
· Monitor UNIX systems performance and recommend adjustments to system parameters to ensure optimum performance and response time.
· Work with the User Support team to provide second level support to end users and ensure timely resolution of UNIX system problems.
· Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
· Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
· Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Manager, IT Operations Support.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the Manager, IT Operations Support.
· First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
· Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.