Tool SpecialistApply for this Job
Our client, one of the leading players in the telecommunication industry is looking to hire qualified candidates to fill the position of Tool Specialist
· Supervise the periodic maintenance of the system and, when necessary, request field service from system vendors.
· Maintain the operating integrity of the system by managing, tuning and ensuring optimal performance of the system and ensuring that all the components of the system are at the current patch levels in line with the Customers Enterprise software Update Policy.
· Co-ordinate the archiving of data from disk to tape or other media and retrieval from archive
· Maintain periodic system backups and have HP Network Node Manager Experience
· Ability to fully administratively manage OMW system and ability to develop Operation manager policies to monitor nonstandard applications
· Ability to design and architect changes to OMW message stream and Experience working with OM agents.
· Experience with HP Business Process Monitor (BPM), Business Service Management (BSM), Network Automation, OMi, Storage Essentials (SE), uCMDB and Service Manager
· Familiarity and experience with ITIL and its processes,
· Ability to gather and understand business requirements and adapt technical solutions to business needs.
· Maintain a log of system problems and communicate them to operators and OEMs.
· Enable fast fault resolution and restoration time (Mean Time to Repair - MTTR) through accurate fault localisation and notifications.
· Improve infrastructure planning and business planning decisions by maintaining and analysing past and present performance data.
· Identify capacity upgrades before performance degradations occur.
· Monitor quality of Service and send an alarm on any deterioration of Service.
· Monitor and send an alarm on the integrity of in-scope Services.
· Maintain unified and integrated view of the end-to-end IT infrastructure, data centre and Services.
· First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
· Master’s degree is an advantage.
· HP BTO, Solar Winds technical experience is mandatory
· Must have done one implementation of either HP BTO or Solar Winds
· Should be able to learn new tools quickly
· Minimum of eight (8) years relevant work experience preferably in the Telecoms with at least three (3) years at supervisory position
· Experience with any Business process monitoring and application performance monitoring tool would be good
· Having experience with other monitoring and service management (Change management, Release management, Patch management, Incident and Problem Management) tools should also be there.