TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALISTApply for this Job
Our client is looking to hire an experienced Talent Acquisition Manager to help our company find and retain excellent employees. You will be entrusted with an ongoing quest to discover talent, build a solid employment brand and ensure great working relationships with both candidates and employees. It is essential to have a sharp eye for talented people and steady commitment to help them succeed in the company. You will also be responsible for supporting operating units by implementing human resources programs; solving performance problems and maintaining a good organisational culture within the company.
- Determine current staffing needs and produce forecasts
- Develop talent acquisition strategies and hiring plans
- Lead employment branding initiatives and promote company’s reputation as “best place to work” (Employee Value Propositions)
- Perform sourcing to fill open positions and anticipate future needs
- Plan and conduct recruitment and selection processes (interviews, screening calls etc.)and take steps to ensure positive candidate experience
- Ensure employee retention and development
- Organize and/or attend career fairs, assessment centres or other events
- Use metrics to create reports and identify areas of improvement
- Design and implement overall recruiting strategy
- Develop and update job descriptions and job specifications
- On-board new employees in order to become fully integrated help plan training & development
- Provide analytical and well documented reports to the rest of the team
- Prepare and submit reports on staffing operations
- Consult with managers to discover staff requirements and specific job objectives internally & externally.
- Write and post job descriptions on career websites, newspapers and universities boards
- Maintain a complete record of interviews and new hires
- Maintain employee attendance records according to policy and send Bi-weekly report of staff attendance
- Provide recruitment counsel and guidance to hiring units
- Identify future talent needs and proactively recruiting and sourcing; develop talent pool.
- Implements human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, compliance, and labour relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Develops human resources solutions by collecting and analysing information; recommending courses of action (strategies to close gaps identified).
- Improves manager and employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems;
evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counselling
managers and employees.
- Strong knowledge of Performance Management, compensation and benefits, Total rewards system.
- Working knowledge of Employee Training and Development Management
- Maintaining Employee Files
- Strong Interpersonal skills (People Skills)
- Strong Conflict resolution skills (ability to use initiative to resolve issues)
- Strong knowledge of global best practices & the Nigerian Employment Law
- Strong Project Management skills for recruitment / business process outsourcing projects
- General organisational skills; Reporting Skills, Verbal Communication, Administrative Writing Skills
- An undergraduate / postgraduate degree in Human Resources Management or related course.
- 3+ years of experience in similar role (HR Administration, Performance management, Strategic HR) Completion of CIPM, CIPD, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP professional certifications (desired but not essential).