Service Desk EngineerApply for this Job
Our client in the telecommunication industry is looking to hire qualified candidates to fill the position of a Service Desk Engineer
· Provide general first level technical support to end users organization-wide.
· Man the helpdesk and respond to all helpdesk calls.
· Assist in maintaining issues/request log. Ensure accurate and prompt logging of all requests/ issues unto the central database.
· Assist in providing first-level phone support on IT related issues and escalate more technical issues requiring location visits to appropriate second-level/expert support teams within the unit.
· Escalate to the Network and Infrastructure Support team, all LAN/WAN/Server downtimes and hardware operational issues e.g. network connectivity, printing errors, drive failure, etc.
· Escalate all enterprise solutions-related issues to the Enterprise Solutions Support.
· Provide first-level instructions on software installation and configuration e.g. client applications, anti-virus utilities, printer drivers, etc.
· Provide continuous user application and system support to the call centre and other relevant IT units.
· Communicate resolution of faults to end-users/ request initiators.
· Assist in developing programmes for training end users on self-help tips and office application usage.
·Ensure security of all workstations through proper installation and regular updates of an effective anti-virus program on every workstation.
· Implement/comply with pre-defined service desk management policies and procedures.
· Assist in administering internal customer satisfaction surveys to obtain feedback on helpdesk efficiency (where necessary).
· Liaise with relevant unit/ team/function in carrying out all relevant activities.
· Attend team/divisional/departmental meetings as required.
· Provide guidance and manage the performance of subordinates (where applicable).
· First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
· Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.