IT INFRASTRUCTURE HEADApply for this Job
Our client in the telecommunications industry is seeking to recruit qualified candidates to fill the position of an IT Infrastructure Head.
· Provide Infrastructure services vision, enable innovation and leverage IT trends that can create business value consistent with customers’ requirements and expectations.
· Lead ITO strategic technology initiatives to build and maintain key elements of the customers enterprise infrastructure and associated project portfolio.
· Provide leadership for delivery of 24/7 service operations and KPI compliance.
· Ensure comprehensive Disaster Recovery architecture is maintained and operations are in place to ensure compliance with required RPOs and RTOs during business continuity events (emphasizing but not limited to storage area networks and redundant, highly-available server and network architectures).
· Lead an extremely talented team of infrastructure Managers, Specialists and Administration professionals who with others define, manage and support the entire operations infrastructure for EMTS.
· Motivate, organize, mentor, and manage senior managers within the team.
· Participate in IT strategic planning, project planning and budget planning efforts.
· Analyze technology trends and develop infrastructure strategy, architecture, and delivery processes designed for agility and cost effectiveness.
· Establish and maintain strong, strategic partnerships with vendors and other service providers.
· Develop RFPs/RFIs, oversee product evaluations, coordinate product and service selections, and ensure that pricing, terms, and conditions for supplier contracts meet Huawei and IT standards while achieving optimal results for the company.
· Coordinate I&O projects/resources with the IT project management office (PMO). Ensure all project deliverables, budgets, and timelines are met.
· Provide well-considered counsel to the Program Director, Director of Operations and other business service leaders.
· College degree in technology related major preferred. Post graduate degree in Business Management is preferred.
· 12+ years of technical and leadership experience managing and/or directing large IT operational teams also preferred.
· Extensive knowledge of Data Center Operations, telecommunications, Network engineering, Data Center applications, Client/Server computing, Databases, Storage & Backup, Cloud computing and production operations support.
· Specific technologies of note include but not limited to Microsoft Server & Client operating system and infrastructure applications, Voice and Networking, VMware, Citrix, EMC and/or NetApp Enterprise-level SANs, Network Devices, Server infrastructures, Huawei High end Servers and Storages, and multi-carrier WANs.
· Experience in related IT disciplines such as data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, database administration and outsourced/managed service systems.
· Strong leadership and management abilities. Ability to lead cross functional project teams in implementing projects of a complex nature.
· Demonstrated critical thinking and planning at a strategic, global level. Ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives, and to create and execute project plans to achieve objectives.
· Knowledge of Telecoms operations.
· Strong financial management skills in budgeting, forecasting, and cost control.
· Deep understanding of the interdependent relationship between infrastructure, information security and the applications/services they enable as well as the criticality of maintaining strong connections between the respective teams within IT.
· Persuasive, professional communication style. Capable of communicating complex, technical topics to a wide variety of audiences. Ability to interact with senior management and influence decision makers
· Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing conditions and priorities, and to redirect managers and teams toward new objectives.
· Excellent understanding of multi-disciplinary nature of IT solutions
· Ability to see the "big picture" across such areas as private and public hosted infrastructure and services, identity management, security, telecommunications, enterprise storage and big data opportunities, end user experience, and training/education.
· Functional understanding of project management principles and their application to Infrastructure projects and teams. Formal project management expertise preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business problems.
· Must have strong organizational skills and multi-tasking capabilities and excellent written and spoken communication skills.
· Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations as they relate to technology issues important.