DC Facility Management LeaderApply for this Job
Our client is looking to hire qualified candidates to fill the position of DC Facility Management Leader
· Preparing physical facilities in line with industry best practices and Customer guidelines (ISO Standards and DCIM Standards).
· Coordinating the resolution of raised floor equipment.
· Managing and monitoring of power/cooling for the respective facilities.
· Implementing effective energy management schemes to reduce environmental costs related to fuel, electricity & cooling, with demonstrable reductions in costs.
· Conducting data centre and rack space planning including rack placement and floor plan design for existing and new data centers.
· Developing and Maintaining physical configuration plan for the infrastructure assets
· Manage and coordinate equipment install/moves and changes to all hardware.
· Manage, coordinate, install and conduct the de-installation of hardware equipment.
· Manage and co-ordinate the physical access control of the data centres and remote computer rooms in accordance with the agreed security practices.
· Manage, coordinate, install and maintain data centre cabling (Fiber, UTP, InfiniBand and other).
· Conduct daily data centre inspections, and conduct corrective steps to remediate equipment that is faulty for all equipment, including, but not limited to;
o Power and cooling equipment
o Server hardware
o Networking and SAN hardware
o Storage hardware
o Building monitoring systems
· Inspection and management of fire suppression equipment, maintained by facilities management, issues should be reported and managed to completion.
· Advisory and design of data centre facilities for both existing and new data centres that may be commissioned throughout the lifecycle of the contract.
· Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or HND
· Minimum of 3
years experience in a similar position