Assistant ManagerApply for this Job
Our client is recruiting qualified candidates to fill the role of Assistant Manager/PMO in the telecommunications sector. Selected candidates will manage key functions in IT Project Management Office. This role is for managing specific functions in PMO domain as per the standard discipline in PMO methodology. Work in a cross-functional team taking responsibility for managing the delivery of function in the program. Liaise with customer organizational functions and internal department leaders taking complete responsibility to deliver and fulfill all the requirements as stipulated in customer contract and adhering to the company policies and processes.
· Owner of three or more PMO functions as designated by PMO Leader/Director, taking end to end responsibilities to fulfill requirements
- Quality Management
- Risk Management
- Scope Management
- Contract Management
- Service Delivery Reporting (SLA Reporting)
- Knowledge Management
- Document Management
- Procurement/Resource/Assets Management
- Program Communication Management and Program Reporting
· Work in a cross-functional organisation and in close coordination with relevant stakeholders to fulfill the PMO functions in the assigned programs.
· Interact and communicate with a customer as a single point of contact for the designated PMO functions.
· Assist PMO leader/Director in the implementation of company’s IT projects related governance framework, policies, and procedures as laid down in contract and company processes.
· Liaise with customers Program Management Office (PMO) and Company IT delivery organization to establish, operate and run the assigned functions as per PMO standards for IT Program.
· Capture, implement improvement activities from time to time based on learning, audits, and industry practices.
· Develop reporting dashboard, reports for the assigned function. Prepare reports as per defined intervals to all concerned stakeholders.
· Establish and maintain healthy work relationship with key internal and external stakeholders.
· Liaise with HQ Quality Assurance division to develop quality plans, quality reports for IT operations/ IT projects.
· Ensure compliance with industry bench-marked IT Program Management standards.
· Perform specific activities of the Annual IT plan as delegated by PMO Leader/Director.
· Provide leadership and guidance to subordinate team members and manage subordinates’ performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
· Assist PMO leader/Director in translating IT Governance and Quality strategy and plans into specific improvement programs/ projects.
· Additional responsibilities include assisting the PMO Director with defining, improving and updating the project management processes, standards and governance, assisting Managers on operations, projects by contributing to Quality Reviews, and coordinating activities in support of quality objectives.
· Perform any other duties as assigned by the PMO Leader/Director
· Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the unit’s activities.
· Attend team/departmental/customer meetings as required. Make meeting notes and action tracker.
Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in IT, Business Management or a related discipline preferred.
A minimum of 2:2 is required.
· Minimum FIVE years (5-8 Years) relevant experience in Project Management Office and its processes in IT/Telecom industry.
· ITIL v3 Foundation Certification Preferred.
· PMP Certified, Prince 2 Certified (desirable)
· Certification in project management is an added advantage.
· Experience of managing small projects, or exposure to the end to end project lifecycle, or managing substantial parts of the project lifecycle.
· Experience of working within a structured project management framework.